About This Game
Not your typical deckbuilder
Creating the perfect deck of cards is important, but this will only take you so far. Every card has a calculation based on your character stats. This will determine how powerful the effects will be. Buy equipment and increase your stats to get the best out of your cards. How will you bring out the true potential of your deck?
- 11 classes with individual decks, starting equipment and powers
- ~350 playable cards that change with your stats
- 7 equipment slots to fill that can change the course of your run
- ~70 events that could help or hinder you
- 56 monsters with different decks and unique powers
- Unlockable progression as you play. Unlock new classes, cards, equipment, events and monsters.
- Randomized hex map for each new journey
Cards based off character stats
The cards in your deck are affected by your stats. Each card has its own formula which uses your stats to determine how powerful the effect is. To raise your stats you must equip yourself with items and you will also have chances to gain stats via events. Some cards are stronger at the start of a run but fall off in effect later on, while others grow exponentially through your run. How will you build your deck?
Every time a new journey is started a random map is generated, containing random terrain types, enemy camps, events and cities with their own exhaustible shops. As you make your way through the map, monsters will grow in difficulty and you will find better cards and equipment. However, as you explore, The Lost will slowly take over the map destroying cities and events in its wake. Exploration makes you stronger, but as the undead spread it serves to empower your foe. What path will you take to destroy The Lost?
Knowledge mixed with discovery
- Each unique monster has a set custom deck. Learn what effects and cards a monster has to figure out the best strategy to defeat them.
- Players can see the entire map from the start. All camps, cities and events are visible to optimize your route to ensure your success.
- Each event presents a series of choices with set outcomes. Learn when certain choices make sense, and when they should be avoided through experience.
- A compendium of all the equipment, monsters, and cards you have come across
- Optional choice to show card equations
#indiedev #indiegames #TheLastHex #steam