Get On Steam
Official Web Page:
ABOUT THIS GAME
Re-live the early days of space flight in Go For Launch: Mercury, the first in a series of games exploring the early days of space flight.
- With full integration for either a standard computer monitor or full VR via a headset GFL:Mercury will take you on the ultimate adventure into space and let you re-live the exact experiences of those early pioneers, the Mercury Seven.
Full support for Oculus Rift (CV1 and DK2) and HTC Vive (with full motion control).
- 7 Fully functioning, interactive spacecraft interiors and exteriors. Each individually crafted to accurately portray the changes in design and loadout.
- 7 Complete playable missions from the mercury program (including the cancelled Freedom 7II)
- Detailed models of the Atlas and Redstone rockets on historically accurate launch pads (and the ability to witness test launches from the ground!).
- A full scale recreation of earth as seen from low orbit.
- A virtual recreation of mission control including control room, spacecraft hangar and pilot’s office.
GFL: Mercury is being designed from the ground up to be as authentic and accurate as possible. It is our hope to offer it as an educational product as well as an entertainment project, suitable for use by schools and colleges to educate and engage students in the fields of astronomy, spaceflight and history.
Action, Indie, Simulation, Early Access
5th Oct 2017
go for launch: mercury
Graphics: Monitor Play – GTX 750 or equivalent. VR – GTX 970 or equivalent.
What I saw so far was amazing and on desktop version. I plan to get a VR to enjoy the full potential of this game.
I love the voices of the real crew, the President, the game has a great tutorial in the form of a check list.
Graphics are fantastic.
This is a great simulation in the making.
Cons: There are not 7 missions but only two. The other missions are marked coming soon.
There are also only two cockpits that I saw.