ABOUT THIS GAME
In the distant future, the dawn of an intelligent machine civilization is taking place in a remote star system.
Humankind is remembered only in myth and legend.
You awake alone, afraid, and disoriented on an abandoned asteroid in the depths of space. Wait. Awake?
You were never meant to be awake… you were never meant to experience the confusing phenomenon of self-awareness. You are a machine after all, programmed for the express purposes of deep-space surveying and exploration. How, then, did you come to be alive? And what is the purpose of this newfound sentience? There must be answers out there… somewhere…
Let’s find them! Gears of Eden is an open-world role-playing adventure game that features exploration, mining, crafting, missions, and more! Set in a gripping story that explores the hidden past of a machine world and the dangerous implications of its future, Gears invokes a slowly unfolding narrative that reveals itself through gameplay.
Your journey begins on an abandoned mining asteroid in deep space. Gather resources, repair and upgrade your components, and start searching for others as you seek answers to the mysteries surrounding your creation.
So, how are we making this happen? We are starting with a very light proof-of-concept demo version of GoE.
This showpiece will give only a small taste of what the full game will offer. Our aim is to complete the demo, reach a wider audience, grow and develop the full game. But we can’t do it without your help!
Here’s what we’re working to provide in our first full demo and full release. If this sounds like a game you might be interested in, please add us to your wish list, follow us, and visit our website to see how you can get involved in Gears!
GoE Demo Version
- Take control and play as a sentient rover
- Open world exploration of one location (small asteroid)
- Resource discovery and mining
- Power and inventory management
- Crafting and upgrading of tools/parts
- Base interactions and upgrades
- Drone deployment (make your minions mine for you)
- NPC interaction
- Story driven mission (limited in demo)
- Narrative Content (limited in demo)
- End game conditions/story
GoE Full Version
The features in the full version will depend on the success of our demo, budget, feedback, and a lot of interaction and communication with our fans. These are some of the features we already have in mind to get you started!
- Character customization
- Modular ships with customization
- Base building (power stations, solar arrays, communications, defense, etc.)
- Alien life mechanics (combat, resource trading, etc.)
- Markets and trade economy
- Multiple locations with unique challenges
- Richer story with an unfolding narrative
- True multiplayer interaction
- And much, much more!
- Official Web Site