STARTS January 4th!!
Welcome to our second gamejam. We are so excited to see what you all create. We’ve put together a kick ass team to help organise the inaugural CFNGamejam#2. In addition to this, we’ve secured some industry professionals to join us on the judging panel and help pick the winning entries. If you’re still not sure whether to join or not, check out the prizes section below!
The official theme for the CFN Gamejam#2 will be announced 2 hours before it begins.
We’ve already built an established, active community of over 2400 members on Discord. We would love for you to join us there. We cater to everyone who creates, works with or just simply loves indie games. We have a dedicated CFN game jam channel for official announcements and updates as well as general game jam discussion.
Our Discord server: https://discord.gg/CFN
Why should you participate?
The number reason you should 100% take part in any game jam, especially the CFNGamejam#2 is to gain experience building games. You’ll meet and work alongside new people you can share ideas with and learn from, as well as even passing on your own knowledge. You never know, you might make a whole bunch of new friends, and continue to develop games together. Of course, that’s not the only reason. As a fan of indie games, you’ll be able to discuss all the games created during the jam in with our community.
Did we mention there are also prizes?
- All games entered must work on a Windows PC with a ‘normal’ monitor, this means no VR.
- There must be no sexual content.
- Team sizes are a maximum of four members.
- Your game has to be created by you and your jam team. Any content not created during the jam, such as pre-made assets, must be divulged on the submission page.
- Don’t start with the creation of your game before the jam officially starts.
- Although anyone can vote on the submissions, judges will have the final say on the official winners.
Questions regarding the rules? Join the CFN Discord server; https://discord.gg/CFN, and ask any member of the CFN Game Jam Team.
- Edward (ComputerFiguur) – CFN Gaming founder – @CastorEdward
- Kevin (Dragon Slumber) – Experienced indie game developer, livestreamer, admin in CFN Gaming – @Dragon_Slumber
- Diogo (Shadow6390) – Experienced indie game developer – @LaminaStudios
- April (LaminaStudios) – Experienced indie game developer – @LaminaStudios
- Joshua (Joshua McLean/8 bits to infinity) – Game audio producer & game developer – @MrJoshuaMcLean
- Shannon (Shannie/Reign) – Youtube gamer, indie game enthusiast – @ShannonGower3
- Matthias – CTO of BoltN Hosting & indie game developer – @Moritz30MC
- Aden (Indie Gaming Podcast) – Podcaster and indie game reviewer – @IndieGameCast
Forge your team!
We have a crowdforge page on again to create your CFNGamejam#2 team to create your project with.
Creating awesome games is prize enough, we know that. But it doesn’t hurt to be rewarded for your efforts as well, right? We’ve put together the below prize package thanks to some incredibly generous and supportive partners and sponsors.
BoltN Hosting was so kind to offer us prizes for the top 3!
1. One .com or .net domain, a PositiveSSL certificate and a VPS with 3 GB RAM for 1 year
2. A VPS with 2GB RAM for 3 months
3. Webhosting for 1 year for one domain
PR planning consultation with GOPublX
The winning team will receive a 2 hour PR planning, consultation and advisory session offered by GoPuBlX Game Media Relations.
- They will receive assistance with creating a press kit for their game, explaining best practices, required key collateral and information you must include.
- Additionally, they will receive a full review of their game’s positioning within the market, along with advice and support on how to pitch your game to the press.